About Me

Thursday, December 15, 2016

My Favorite Songs

So I wanted to write about my favorite songs. I'm going to write about my top five favorite songs. They are House Of Gold by Twenty One Pilots, Edge Of Tonight by All Time Low, Burn from the musical Hamilton, Holding onto You by Twenty One Pilots, and Marry You by Bruno Mars. All of these songs are pretty important to me in their own special way.

Ever since I heard House Of Gold, I was in love. The music is just so up beat and happy. The ukulele and the drums are so amazing. This song doesn't really impact my life but it makes me feel so warm inside. This is a song that if I'm caught skipping, you better find me help right away because this song is just so amazing to me. I have great memories with this song too. at my friend's 14th birthday, we were singing Melanie Martinez and Twenty One Pilots songs while we waited for everyone to show up. We were goofing around so I sang "When your father turned to cabbages, will you take care of that dog" and "When I grow old, will you buy me a house of cheese". We couldn't stop laughing, Especially my friend because as I sang those words, Mr. B (our Taekwondo instructor) walked in to make sure no one was dead.

Edge Of Tonight is one of those songs that you listen to at night when you're laying in your bed thinking you're a mistake. The song is about being far away from home and the only thing you know is that there's the one person/thing at home waiting. This relates to be so much because I always feel like I'm so far away from home, my first place medal from a class C tournament. That medal means so much to me. I will have it buried with me when I die. I feel so distant from everyone and everything but this song makes me feel like I'm here at home because I am.

I have trouble with letting go and Burn is about Eliza letting go of her love for Alexander after he cheated on her with Miss Reynolds. It took me so long to recover from losing my favorite uncle and it's starting to come back but I'm not letting it. I also just love the lyrics and how it sounds. The piano is so beautiful and you can just feel Eliza's pain and agony as she's burning those letters. You can feel the rage. It's just so beautiful. I also have a sad memory that I laugh about because once a guy told me who the guy that I liked who he liked and of course it wasn't me. After that, I put my playlist on shuffle and guess what came on? Burn. It's sad but I still laugh about it.

Oh boy, we're getting pretty deep here so hold on. Holding Onto You has always been a song that I connected to. People say that the song has a different meaning for everyone. To me, this song shows how I keep holding on to the bad stuff in my life. I let these bad memories hold me down. I know I'm getting kind of personal here by saying that I really hate myself and see myself as a mistake but it's true. I have gotten to the point were I believe everyone hates me just because I let these bad memories and thoughts hold me down. I have gotten to the point where I can't ask for help on a lot of things because I'm scared they'll judge me on how I will always mess up. So this song connects with me so I can come to my senses and think, "This isn't true. I'm not a horrible person who always screws up.", even though these thoughts will probably come back a day later.

My all time favorite song is Marry You by Bruno Mars. It has been a childhood favorite and it always brings a smile to my face because it reminds me of the times where my life wasn't so messed up. When I was little, Melissa would go to Gymnastics class. It was about an hour long so my dad drove me to the Dunkin Donuts to get hot cocoa and Boston Cream donuts. We would be sitting in the car and Marry You would always come on around the same time. Whenever I hear this song now, I feel so happy and warm inside. I have also dreamed of being proposed to with this song playing. I never cared for how my significant other proposed to me. As long as they play Marry You, I would be 1,000,000,000,000,000,000% satisfied and I'm NEVER satisfied.

So yeah, these are my top five favorite songs. I hope you enjoyed reading this. Down below are the links to the five songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtVftrBp70Q  -House Of Gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBh6oV8QYpQ  -Edge of Tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CFOuGqBSEE  -Burn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WrfpA6aH4o  -Holding onto You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t3yWYmj5yk  -Marry You




3 comments:

  1. I love all time low. That song is absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet. What song got you hooked onto All Time Low? For me it was Old Scars/Future Hearts.

      Delete
    2. Sweet. What song got you hooked onto All Time Low? For me it was Old Scars/Future Hearts.

      Delete