About Me

Thursday, December 22, 2016

A Gift That I Want

This year I had a theme to what I wanted for the holidays. I wanted art supplies like alcohol markers that are great for blending, colored pencils that also blend very well, fine tipped markers and pens, sketch pads, and other art stuff that isn't Crayola. One thing that stand's put the most to me though is the two modeling dolls. Poses are my weak point when drawing and taking pictures of myself in the mirror for a pose is hard. Looking up poses on google can also be pretty tricky since they may not have the perfect pose. I asked for two so I can do things like "Draw your OTP" bases or "Draw your squad" things. I also think it would be helpful for drawing other stuff. And by other stuff, I mean the moves from the last five minutes of the most recent episode of Yuri On Ice. I know you're probably wondering why this stands out to me. It's because I feel like it will help me a lot. I know using old Monster High Dolls would be a good and cheap replacement but the hair gets in the way and I only have female dolls with unrealistic body shapes while most modeling dolls are more body neutral. The hair also gets in the way and I'm not going to cut it off since I want to donate them to little kids. These dolls will also be useful when I can't use my laptop or just too lazy to reach down and take it from my drawer. I can take some fabric and pin it to the doll so I can get a better reference for the shading and creases in clothing. So these dolls would be very useful. So yeah, poses are important to me and I want to improve them before I improve my coloring skills. I am also very fond of sketches. AND ANOTHER THING! I am creating a whole story and stuff for some OC's so if I want to make the drawing look cool, I have to be able to draw them in cool poses.

2 comments:

  1. It's so cool you can draw ! I can't even draw a circle. Can you post some drawings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sarah, I can't even draw circles. I can only draw people in one art style. and I'll make sure to post some of my art.

      Delete